Business Development Manager (Charity CRM Software)
About the role
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Business Development Manager with experience and interest in technical software sales and the Charity sector to lead our growing Sales and Marketing team.
Reporting to the CCO (Chief Client Officer), you will lead a team consisting of a marketing manager and bid writer to implement processes across the entire sales cycle. Many of our opportunities come from warm leads, so expect to be responding to enquiries, performing product demonstrations and managing our bid responses, helping Compucorp to win a range of new exciting opportunities.
The role will be collaborative, working with the marketing manager to develop the lead generation strategy, whilst providing oversight and support to our bid writer. You will have freedom but also support from our leadership team and expect to have a significant voice in the strategic direction of the company as work to bring a number of new service offerings to the market.
What we're looking for is someone who can grasp concepts quickly, has great attention to detail, and most importantly loves a challenge. In short, we’re a team of self confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, and we’re looking for someone with the same “can do” attitude to join our growing team.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands Compucorp’s customer base
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Leadership team
- Generate and qualify leads including tenders / RFP’s that we regularly receive
- Develop and make presentations of company products and services to current and potential clients
- Source and develop client referrals
- Develop new ways to improve the proposal development process and streamline our procedures
- Develop deep expertise of Compucorp’s processes and products to work with our marketing manager to produce compelling content demonstrating the value of these services for potential clients
- Lead our presence at externally hosted sales events
- Be the primary facilitator of Compucorp hosted sales events
- In collaboration with the marketing team, monitor competitors, market conditions and product development
What we are looking for:
- You will have 6+ years of experience in Software Sales, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- An interest in Charity technology
- You will have proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great presentation skills including the ability to perform technical demonstrations
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience with responding to bids or working with a bid writing team
What we value in this role:
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- A collaborative attitude to working with others
- The ability to prioritise and effectively manage time
- Great interpersonal and networking skills
- Analytical skills: you are comfortable interpreting performance metrics to make data-driven decisions. Understanding pricing, margins, and discounting impacts.
Location: Shoreditch, London. Office based (When the office reopens!)
How to apply
If you think this is the role for you, please send your CV through to us with a short covering statement explaining what caught your interest and why you think you'll fit in.