People and Culture Manager
About the role
We are seeking a talented and ambitious experienced HR professional with a personal focus on staff development and engagement to join as our first ever People and Culture Manager.
As a diverse global team working hard to create best in class digital products for non profit organisations, we want to support our people to be the best they can be, everyday.
In this role, you will be directly responsible for overseeing our People operations, spearheading employee engagement and development initiatives, administering HR processes, overseeing promotions and appraisals, ensuring the successful and consistent onboarding of new starters, and championing excellent people management practices across the organisation.
It will be hands-on and, and reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer, will give you the opportunity to take the lead and establish your own ideology for people and culture management in a dynamic and growing team.
In short, as a team of self-confessed geeks who love tinkering and tweaking until something is just right, we are looking for someone with the same energy and "can do" attitude to join and help foster the professional well-being of our growing team.
- Creating a strategy to drive employee experience, increasing engagement and performance across all levels of the company.
- Developing initiatives to promote employee well-being in a high-pressure industry.
- Build people related processes and policies in alignment with the strategic business direction and embed these in the operating model.
- Take ownership of HR processes including performance and rewards review, succession planning, talent identification and development
- Keep track of and analyse HR metrics
- Onboard new employees and ensure they have access to necessary resources and tech.
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis, ensuring and providing adequate access to information about benefits and company policies.
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter and leaver documentation.
- Proven HR generalist experience in the technology sector of at least three years is expected.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and supporting line managers through change
- Demonstrable experience of implementing high performing personal development programs
- You have worked with both on-site and remote teams and understand the specific challenges of remote working
- Working knowledge of OKR methodology is a plus
What we value in this role:
- You are truly passionate about employee happiness and engagement
- You are a champion for individuals in the team and making sure that every voice is heard
- You have a mental "toolkit" of methodologies for supporting personal development
- You have strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are self-motivated and able to work under your own autonomy as well as part of a team
Location: Shoreditch, London. Office based (When the office reopens!)
How to apply
If you think you might be the perfect fit for this role and our team, please send your CV through to us with a short covering statement explaining what caught your interest and why you think you'll fit in.