Systems Administrator (Linux, PHP)
About the role
A big hello from the team at Compucorp!
We’re on the lookout for an exceptional systems administrator to join our growing team. Your work will have significant impact and the role will expose you to working on a range of open source projects for the not for profit sector.
You will be working with the development and QA teams, reporting directly to the CTO to define the deployment tools and processes in Compucorp. You will be very hands-on technically but also you will mentor and guide the more junior members of the systems administration team.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and maintain production infrastructure and mission-critical internal systems.
- Liaise with Development, QA and management teams to define and deliver the strategic needs of the company infrastructure.
- Stay up to date with security best practices and integrate security at every level of the stack.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues for live client environments.
- Provide infrastructure architecture advice for Compucorp development teams.
- Investigate new infrastructure technology and solutions.
- Excellent Linux administration skills.
- Considerable experience in developing automation using Ansible.
- Good Git skills.
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Must love creating awesome documentation!
- Experience using Jenkins for infrastructure tasks automation.
- PHP web server administration experience (NGINX preferable).
- Experience with cloud technologies, (our stack is mainly AWS).
- Database administration experience (Mysql or equivalent).
- Experience with Drupal administration
- Experience with containerisation in production
At Compucorp we are a distributed team and we welcome people to join us from all around the world. However, as a UK-based company, some overlap with UK hours will be required. By default, you should assume that your working hours would be +/- 3h max from GMT start times of 9.00AM UK start time. There is some flexibility in this but please be aware that staff members starting outside of these hours are rare and, as such, if you would expect these hours to be an issue for you then we would not suggest that you apply. Due to EU data protection requirements, DevOps/SysAdmin team members must be from either an EEA country or a country that the EU considers to have an adequate level of data protection. The list can be found at the link below:
How to apply
If you think you've seen the role for you and can make a big difference to our team, then send us through a CV with a short covering letter telling us a little about yourself using the link below.